Thursday, April 27, 2017

Your browser does not support video. Install Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Flash Player, or Internet Explorer 9.

Whenever any team tries to work together, there can be one-too-many friction points that get in the way. The solution is to get the team to regularly use their SharePoint Online team site to streamline work, collaborate efficiently, and improve team productivity. Follow this game plan to make the team site your team site, leverage core collaboration features, and securely share content and communication with external partners.

What you'll need for this course

This course features SharePoint Online across a variety of devices and platforms. You can follow this course and learn by watching. To get the most value out of the course, try the exercises in the modules and see how it works for you.

Here's a list of the applications used in this course, followed by setup instructions for the software and devices of your choice.

  • SharePoint Online

  • Office Online

Our SharePoint Online team site lets my team work together, communicate, and share documents whether we're in the office or on the road.

And I can customize the look, feel, and function to fit the way we work.

We can use our team site as-is, or change the design to fit our organization.

In just a few minutes, I can add logos and themes, and pick specific colors to get the right look. That's better.

To keep my team's mission top-of-mind, I'll add a video and slideshow from our recent customer visit.

On the left, I'll embed our video from the Office 365 video portal, and I'll add PowerPoint photo slideshow on the right.

Our team site also has a OneNote notebook built-in.

It's perfect for taking meeting notes, sharing ideas, or collecting important bits of data.

Now everyone on the team can stay on the same page.

Our last conference generated a lot of new questions and ideas.

By adding an Issue Tracking list on our team site, we can collect and track all that feedback.

The built-in columns were just what we needed, but we can add our own columns.

Some documents need an extra level of security.

I can create a new document library, and safeguard it with Information Rights Management, which helps keep sensitive documents from being distributed.

I can even set an alert to notify me when anyone accesses this library.

We work closely with our external partners, and we need a way to share docs without unintentionally giving them access to our own team site.

I'll work with my Admin to set up a new team site with special permissions.

Once she makes me the site owner, I can customize it for our external partners and use it to share content.

I'll also create a link to it from our internal team site, so it's easier for my teammates to find.

My team spends a lot of time on the road, and our external partners are spread around the world.

But as long as we have access to the Web, we can get to our team site.

Whether it's on a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, SharePoint Online keeps my team – and our partners – connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment