Saturday, November 10, 2018

Insert a line between columns on a page

Insert a line between columns on a page

In Word, you can add newsletter style columns to a document. If you'd like to add a vertical line between the columns, open the Columns dialog box.

  1. Choose Page Layout > Columns. At the bottom of the list, choose More Columns.

    Columns menu

  2. In the Columns dialog box, select the check box next to Line between.

    Columns dialog box with Line between selected

Note: 

  • You can also use the Columns dialog box to adjust the column width and the spacing between columns.

  • If your document has more than one section, the new layout will only be applied to the current section.

  • Insert a column break to control how text flows between columns. For example, insert a column break to end a paragraph in one column and start a new paragraph at the top of the next column.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the useful information. I made similar tables when I was preparing writing a nursing care plan for our teacher. But nothing worked for me. Therefore, I turned to the experts for help and they helped me write my assignment in a short time, which I am very happy about.

    ReplyDelete