Sunday, March 20, 2022

Norm s inv function

Returns the inverse of the standard normal cumulative distribution. The distribution has a mean of zero and a standard deviation of one.

Syntax

NORM.S.INV(probability)

The NORM.S.INV function syntax has the following arguments:

  • Probability     Required. A probability corresponding to the normal distribution.

Remarks

  • If probability is nonnumeric, NORMS.INV returns the #VALUE! error value.

  • If probability <= 0 or if probability >= 1, NORMS.INV returns the #NUM! error value.

Given a value for probability, NORM.S.INV seeks that value z such that NORM.S.DIST(z,TRUE) = probability. Thus, precision of NORM.S.INV depends on precision of NORM.S.DIST. NORM.S.INV uses an iterative search technique.

Example

Copy the example data in the following table, and paste it in cell A1 of a new Excel worksheet. For formulas to show results, select them, press F2, and then press Enter. If you need to, you can adjust the column widths to see all the data.

Formula

Description

Live Result

=NORM.S.INV(0.908789)

Inverse of the standard normal cumulative distribution, with a probability of 0.908789

1.3333347

2 comments:



  1. Investing online has been a main source of income, that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity, you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information, and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals, assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly in cryptocurrency(bitcoin) investment,just get in contact with Mr Bernie Doran my broker. I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and never getting my lost funds back, till i met with him, with his help and guidance now i have my lost funds back to my bank account, gained more profit and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!!
    Reach out to him on Telegram: @bernie_doran_fx or +1(424)285-0682 for inquires

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special thanks to HACK VANISH, a professional hacker I’ve been hiring for the past 2 years because, I find him to be an outstanding hacker who has aided me in various hacking related issues, ranging from fixing my poor FICO credit score of about 437 TransUnion, 462 Equifax to 802 plus excellent score, tracking my cheating husband’s phone and currently has helped me recover my lost crypto funds from an online scam investment I recently ventured into, I must confess he is the best, quite brilliant, ever since I discovered him through a positive review I saw on Wallet Hub and reached out to him via Email: Hackvanish @ Gmail. com, and Phone: +1(747) 293-8514, to which he responded in less than 10mins, I have never regretted working with him, he’s been quite helpful and highly efficient. I Would recommend his services to anyone without hesitation.

    ReplyDelete