Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Instant messaging when group chat and lync 2010 run together

Group Chat and Lync 2010 are both features that are shipped with Lync Server 2010. Because the two features share several capabilities, it is helpful to know how the two interact. The behavior of the two features depends on which one is designated as the preferred client.

For example, when Group Chat is the preferred client, Contact Lists appear and can be updated within Group Chat. Lync 2010 also updates its Contact Lists with these updates. If Lync 2010 is the preferred client, Group Chat does not display the Contact List, and because it is not available, no IM messages or sessions can be initiated through Group Chat's Contact List. However, users can double-click participants in a chat room and initiate IM sessions by using Lync 2010.

When Group Chat is not the primary IM client, there are two differences. First, a Contact List which would appear in the My Chat panel if Group Chat were the primary IM client, does not appear. Second, participants in the particular chat room you are in, still have presence information associated with them. You can still initiate an IM session with them. To do this, double-click on the participant's name. A Lync 2010 chat window opens.

Conversely, if Group Chat is the default IM client, the My Chat panel includes a list of contacts and their presence information. The Participant List remains the same as when Group Chat is not the primary IM client. However, the difference is, now when you double-click a contact or a participant, instead of opening a Lync chat session, the Message Entry Area displays messages you send to the contact or participant, as well as messages you receive from the participant. You send messages to the participant by typing the text into the Message Entry Area.

User presence can be viewed in both Lync 2010 and Group Chat. However, Group Chat cannot display the extended presence states (for example, "in a call" or "in a meeting"). These are accessible through Lync 2010 or through Office Outlook.

Group Chat determines whether Lync 2010 is installed at startup. It does this by examining the registry. If Lync 2010 is installed, the Group Chat IM capability is turned off. IM conversations can still be carried out by clicking a participant. However, this opens a Lync 2010 window. If the user is offline, Lync 2010 is launched and the user is prompted to log in.

Whether Group Chat or Lync 2010 is the preferred client is determined by the DisableIM key in the registry. If IM is disabled, or if Lync 2010 is not installed, then Group Chat is determined to be the preferred client. Otherwise, Lync 2010 is the preferred client.

Top of Page

18 comments:

  1. If you want to see a comparision between the hp pavilion x360 size hp pavilion x360 size

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special thanks to HACK VANISH, a professional hacker I’ve been hiring for the past 2 years because, I find him to be an outstanding hacker who has aided me in various hacking-related issues, ranging from fixing my poor FICO credit score of about 437 TransUnion, 462 Equifax to 802 plus excellent score, tracking my cheating husband’s phone and currently has helped me recover my lost crypto funds from an online scam investment I recently ventured into, I must confess he is the best, quite brilliant, ever since I discovered him through a positive review I saw on Wallet Hub and reached out to him via Email: HACKVANISH @ GMAIL. COM, and Phone: +1(747) 293-8514, to which he responded in less than 10mins, I have never regretted working with him, he’s been quite helpful and highly efficient. I Would recommend his services to anyone without hesitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About 2 weeks ago I tried getting a loan but to no avail, I didn’t get an approval due to low credit score of 415. I came across a testimony on a comment session about a credit Expert called KENSTAR, helping people get their credit fixed in a week or more. I decided to give a try, to my greatest surprise he removed all negative items in my profile and increased my score up to 800. I advise you all to email him on KENSTARCYBERSERVICES@GMAIL.COM . He is truly the best in terms of credit repair services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome article on blog commenting, keep the good work Thank you. Digital Signature in Noida

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for writing such a great post. According to me also, commenting on blogs is a great tactic for link building.Class 3 Digital Signature Online

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to take this opportunity to say that I really love this blog. It has been a good resource of information for me in my research. Detective Agency in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for writing such a great post. According to me also, commenting on blogs is a great tactic for link building. Digital Signature in Ambala

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for describing in detail about blog commenting. It is a valuable tool. Private Detective Agency in jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all thanks to the blogger for sharing and giving useful information. Apply DGFT Digital Signature

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice article…I agree with you that blog commenting increase the page rank. I have one question that once the page rank increase, will it remain stable or we have to comment in blog regularly in order to maintain the stable ranking of website.Digital Signature in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all thanks to the blogger for sharing and giving useful information. Apply Digital Signature in Faridabad

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome article on blog commenting, keep the good work Thank you. Digital Signature in Bhila

    ReplyDelete