Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Actual finish fields

The Actual Finish field shows the date and time when a task or assignment was actually completed.

There are several categories of Actual Finish fields.

Data Type Date

Actual Finish (task field)

Entry Type    Calculated or entered

How Calculated    The Actual Finish field contains "NA" until there is zero remaining work or you set the task's % Complete field or the task or assignment's % Work Complete field to 100. When the work complete reaches 100 percent, Microsoft Project sets the Actual Finish field to the status date or scheduled finish date. If you enter the actual finish date, the scheduled finish date changes to match the actual finish date.

Best Uses    Add the Actual Finish field to the sheet portion of the Task Usage or Resource Usage view when you want to display, filter, or edit actual finish dates for assignments. If you enter actual work or percent complete, you can have Project calculate the actual finish date for you according to the status date or scheduled finish date. You can also type the actual finish date in this field.

Examples    Jamie has just completed an assigned task. In the Task Usage view, you add the % Work Complete and Actual Finish fields. Next, you enter 100 in the % Complete field. Project recalculates the date in the Finish field, and changes the "NA" in the Actual Finish field to the status date or the scheduled finish date.

Sean has also completed an assigned task. In the Actual Work field, you enter the time Sean has spent on this assignment, which is the same as the total work assigned to Sean. Project recalculates the date in the Finish field, and changes the "NA" in the Actual Finish field to the status date.

Finally, Chris completed an assigned task last Friday. In the Actual Finish field, you enter last Friday's date. Regardless of the information in the % Work Complete field or the Actual Work field, the Actual Finish field contains last Friday's date, and sets the % Work Complete field to 100.

Remarks    When you specify that a task is 100 percent complete, Project automatically adjusts the actual finish date based on either the current status date or the scheduled finish date. The date that is used depends on your calculation preferences. You can examine and set these preferences in the Project Options dialog box.

You can also set the status date to a date other than today's date in the Project Information dialog box.

Actual Finish (resource field)

Entry Type    Null

Best Uses    Add the Actual Finish field to the Resource Usage view when you want to display actual finish dates for assignments. No information is displayed in the Actual Finish resource field; it merely makes the corresponding Actual Finish assignment field information available.

Example    You are reviewing actual finish dates for tasks assigned to various resources. You add the Actual Finish field to the Resource Usage view. No information appears in the Actual Finish field next to the resource names. However, the actual finish dates for their assignments appear in the Actual Finish assignment rows below each resource name.

Actual Finish (assignment field)

Entry Type    Calculated or entered

How Calculated    The Actual Finish field contains "NA" until there is zero remaining work or you set the % Complete or % Work Complete field to 100. When the work complete reaches 100 percent, Project sets the Actual Finish field to the status date or scheduled finish date. If you enter the actual finish date, the scheduled finish date changes to match the actual finish date.

Best Uses    Add the Actual Finish field to a task view when you want to display, filter, or edit actual finish dates for tasks. If you enter total actual work or percent complete, you can have Project calculate the actual finish date for you according to the status date or the task's schedule. If you want more control over the information in this field, you can type the actual finish date in this field.

Examples    The "Develop estimate" task has just been completed. You add the % Complete field to the Tracking Gantt view, and then enter 100. Project recalculates the date in the Finish field, and changes the "NA" in the Actual Finish field to the status date or the scheduled finish date.

The "Write proposal" task is also now completed. In the Actual Work field, you enter the time the assigned resources have spent on this assignment, which is the same as the total work for the task. Project recalculates the date in the Finish field, and changes the "NA" in the Actual Finish field to the status date or the scheduled finish date.

Finally, the "Conduct client meetings" task was completed last Friday. In the Actual Finish field, you enter last Friday's date. Regardless of the information in the % Complete, % Work Complete, or Actual Work fields, the Actual Finish field contains last Friday's date. The % Complete and % Work Complete fields are set to 100, and the actual work value equals the value in the Work field.

Remarks    When you specify that a task is 100 percent complete, Project automatically adjusts the actual finish date based on either the current status date or the scheduled finish date. The one used depends on your calculation preferences. You can examine and set these preferences in the Project Options dialog box.

You can also set the status date to a date other than today's date in the Project Information dialog box.

5 comments:

  1. I was searching for a loan to sort out my bills & debts, then I saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Cards that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted this but decided to give it a try by contacting {skylinktechnes@yahoo.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with $50,000 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work after the agent left. This is no doubt because I have the card & have made use of the card. These hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via email skylinktechnes@yahoo.com whatsapp/t: +1(213)785-1553

    ReplyDelete

  2. file my divorce papers with the evidence I got, He also went ahead to get me back some of the lost money I sent to those other fake hackers, every dollar I spent on

    these jobs was worth it. Contact him so he also helps you. mail: wizardwilliammitnickquick23@gmail.com. or text him on WhatsApp +1(559) 851-5537 he is very
    trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name's are Elizabeth Harrison from Chicago, IL. I work as a nurse by profession, was earning a little bit okay $3400 monthly, with my two kids I decided that I need to invest, the taught of my investment came after I meant a guy online who makes me feel comfortable and always talk me into self-employed business, I decide to always seek for his advice and he gave me a broker site where I can invest and have profit within a short period of time, I do really trust him but after I invested into the crypto site I discover he was behind everything and I have lost all my savings to him without knowing how he gets into me and lure me with his sweet fuckin words, he ruined my life and I couldn't be myself anymore. So i decide to seek for help, omg... any attempt i made i get more scammed couldn't figure out who was real and who wasn't and at the end of it all i came up with a decision that nothing on the internet is real again. after 2 months i gave up on recovery the money i sent to broker site by bitcoin payment which is up to $65,992 i was on Spotify trying to get some lonely songs for myself  when i came across wizardwilsonsoftware (@) Yahoo.com (.) , it sounded real but i was scared to contact him cause it seems i'm not just lucky with making money on investment maybe i had to work through out my whole lifetime so i ignored but i was in a worker meeting when a discussion lead to bitcoin scam and i heard one of my co-worker saying wizard wilson got her funds back and i ask her how she reached him and she gave me this WhatsApp (+1) 807,700,3319 i reached out to Wizard Wilson immediately i got home and we talked for long and i decide to put him to test, to end the whole story, i got more than what i loss on my new blockchain wallet, i was scared at first until he explained to me, a big thanks to the only real recovery hacker online and that's wizard wilson who i have experienced his magic wizard actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name's are Elizabeth Harrison from Chicago, IL. I work as a nurse by profession, was earning a little bit okay $3400 monthly, with my two kids I decided that I need to invest, the taught of my investment came after I meant a guy online who makes me feel comfortable and always talk me into self-employed business, I decide to always seek for his advice and he gave me a broker site where I can invest and have profit within a short period of time, I do really trust him but after I invested into the crypto site I discover he was behind everything and I have lost all my savings to him without knowing how he gets into me and lure me with his sweet fuckin words, he ruined my life and I couldn't be myself anymore. So i decide to seek for help, omg... any attempt i made i get more scammed couldn't figure out who was real and who wasn't and at the end of it all i came up with a decision that nothing on the internet is real again. after 2 months i gave up on recovery the money i sent to broker site by bitcoin payment which is up to $65,992 i was on Spotify trying to get some lonely songs for myself when i came across wizardwilsonsoftware (@) Yahoo.com (.) , it sounded real but i was scared to contact him cause it seems i'm not just lucky with making money on investment maybe i had to work through out my whole lifetime so i ignored but i was in a worker meeting when a discussion lead to bitcoin scam and i heard one of my co-worker saying wizard wilson got her funds back and i ask her how she reached him and she gave me this WhatsApp +1(321) 621_1089 i reached out to Wizard Wilson immediately i got home and we talked for long and i decide to put him to test, to end the whole story, i got more than what i loss on my new blockchain wallet, i was scared at first until he explained to me, a big thanks to the only real recovery hacker online and that's wizard wilson who i have experienced his magic wizard actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop being scammed by fake hackers. Hire a Ethical Hacking group who are professional and real. You might be curious that what hacking group services can provide? .. If you hire a hacker, you always have worried of losing your money. We won't keep a cent if can't do our job. 100% refund if job is not completed. Hacking Services that you will find here at:wizardwilsonsoftware (@) Yahoo.com are custom to fit your hacking needs... A professional and experienced hacker providing hacking services for a variety of client needs. Specialize in many different Hacking Services some of my most popular hacking services are, Hack INTO ANY BANK WEBSITE Hack into any COMPANY WEBSITE HACK INTO ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY WEBSITE HACK INTO SECURITY AGENCY WEBSITE AND ERASE CRIMINAL RECORDS Hack into CRAIGSLIST AND REMOVE FLAGGING HACK INTO ANY DATABASE SYSTEM HACK PAYPAL ACCOUNT HACK WORD-PRESS Blogs SERVER CRASHED hack HACK INTO ANY SCHOOL DATABASE AND CHANGE UNIVERSITY GRADES, no matter how secured HACK INTO CREDIT BUREAU DATABASE AND INCREASE YOUR CREDIT SCORE HACK ANY EMAIL OR SOCIAL NETWORK AND KNOW IF YOUR PARTNER IS CHEATING ON YOU HACK INTO YOUR PARTNER'S PHONE PICS, TEXT MESSAGE AND LISTEN TO CALLS TO KNOW IF HE IS CHEATING UNTRACEABLE INTERNET PROTOCOL HAVE YOU OR YOUR CHILD BEEN BULLIED ONLINE BEFORE AND WANT TO GET BACK AT THE PERSON, WE CAN HELP YOU TRACE THE ACTUAL LOCATION OF THE PERSON AND DO WHATEVER YOU REQUEST TO THE PERSONS COMPUTER IS ANYONE BLACKMAILING YOU ONLINE AND YOU WANT US TO GET INTO THEIR COMPUTER AND DESTROY DATA AND EVIDENCES AGAINST YOU? If you need a hacking service that is not listed, feel free to contact me at wizardwilsonsoftware (@) Yahoo.com my whatsapp number +1(321) 621_1089

    ReplyDelete