Monday, August 6, 2018

Set or change your default My Site

Set or change your default My Site

In Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, your My Site is a dedicated location where you can centrally store, present, view, and manage content and information. Setting a default location for your My Site is required for integration with Microsoft Office 2003 and the 2007 Microsoft Office system programs. You may be able to change the default location of your My Site on your network, but it is important to understand what happens when you make this change.

What do you want to do?

Set your default My Site

Change your default My Site

Set your default My Site

The first time that you click My Site, your My Site and its URL are created. This allows you to use your My Site to present information about yourself, such as your skills and roles, your relationships with colleagues, and the groups and distribution lists that you belong to.

Microsoft Office 2003 and the 2007 Microsoft Office system programs, such as Outlook and Word, can directly interact with your My Site. This allows you to automatically save and open documents directly from Microsoft Office programs. To set up the connection with Microsoft Office, you need to verify the URL of your My Site where the documents and other information are exchanged. You do this by setting a default My Site.

  • In the Configure My Site for Microsoft Office dialog box, review the URL to make sure it is a trusted location on your company network, and then click Yes.

  • To cancel setting the default My Site, click No. You can set it later by using the Set as Default My Site link on your My Site home page.

Top of Page

Change your default My Site

You can have only one URL that Microsoft Office uses to communicate with your My Site. If you have not set your default site, you may want to do so by using the Set as Default My Site link on your My Site home page.

In some networks, when you click My Site, the Configure My Site for Microsoft Office dialog box states that the existing site is not recognized as your default My Site. You are asked to decide whether you want to change your default My Site to a new URL.

When you change your default My Site, the following occurs:

  • A new URL is set as the location for your My Site.

  • Microsoft Office 2003 and the 2007 Microsoft Office system programs are automatically redirected to save and open documents to the new location.

  • The documents and links in your old My Site location remain there until you move them.

Configure My Site for Microsoft Office

In the Configure My Site for Microsoft Office dialog box, do one of the following.

To

Do this

Change your default My Site URL

In the dialog box, click Yes.

Warning: Before you click Yes, verify that the new URL is a trusted location on your company's network.

Keep your current default My Site location

Click No.

Top of Page

No comments:

Post a Comment