Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Your browser does not support video. Install Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Flash Player, or Internet Explorer 9.

When an email sparks a question or discussion, learn how Skype for Business integration with Outlook means you can IM anyone on the email thread right from within Outlook. Need to pull someone else into the IM discussion? No problem. Too much typing? One click turns that IM into an audio and video conversation. Need to show, rather than tell? Share your desktop. Need to gather even more people? Schedule a follow-up Skype for Business meeting.

What you'll need for this course

This course covers using Skype for Business to communicate across a variety of devices and platforms. The course also shows how to start Skype for Business conversations from within Outlook. You can follow this course and learn a lot by just watching. But you'll get the most value out of the course by trying the exercises in the modules and seeing how it all works for yourself.

Here's a list of the software used in this course, followed by setup instructions.

  • Outlook 2016

  • Skype for Business for the PC

  • Skype for Business for iOS

  • Skype for Business for Android

In the following sections, you'll find setup information for Outlook and Skype for Business. Use the setup instructions that are appropriate for the devices and software that you use.

This tutorial uses Outlook 2016 for the PC. For information about setting up Outlook for a Windows desktop or tablet, see Set up email in Outlook for Windows. For information about setting up Skype for Business for a Windows desktop or tablet, see Install Skype for Business on your PC. For more information about installing Skype for Business on the Windows Phone, see Install Skype for Business on Windows Phone. For information about installing Office 365 on your PC, see Install Office on your PC or Mac.

This tutorial provides instructions for using Outlook for Android and Skype for Business for Android, but use of Android devices is not explicitly featured in the tutorial. For information about setting up Outlook for Android, see Set up email on an Android with Office 365 for business. For information about setting up Skype for Business for Android, see Install Skype for Business on Android.

This tutorial features Outlook and Skype for Business on the iPhone and iPad. For information about setting up Outlook for iOS, see Set up email on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. For more information about setting up Skype for Business for the iPhone and iPad, see Install Skype for Business on iOS.

Currently there is no client for Skype for Business for the Mac. The most recent client available is Lync 2011 for the Mac. For more information, see Install instructions for Office 365 for business customers using Mac.

With Skype for Business, I can connect, communicate, and share with others – my way.

Because Skype for Business is now built into my Office apps, I can collaborate with my team right from my documents, or from an email in Outlook.

Skype for Business works across desktop computers and mobile devices.

My teammates are always within reach, whether they're in the office – or on the go.

IM, voice calls, video, desktop sharing – it's all built into Skype for Business.

So if a quick chat turns into a working team meeting, we can move forward without losing a step.

Skype for Business is woven right into our favorite Office apps, so I don't need to leave my Word doc or Outlook email to reach my team.

In Outlook, I can see right away whether my teammates are available. And with a single click, I can send an IM or start a phone call.

If a teammate is on the move, we can still connect, because Skype for Business works across mobile devices.

I don't need to deal with schedules or book a meeting room to touch base with my team.

I can add more people to any conversation to create a quick, virtual meeting.

IM is great, but sometimes it's best to meet face-to-face, even when you're miles apart.

With Skype for Business, I can add video to a meeting or conversation, without slowing down the flow of ideas.

I can also share my desktop, PowerPoint presentations, or program files with my team.

Whether they're using a PC, laptop, or mobile device, everyone can stay on the same page.

Outlook and Skype for Business work together. When I get an email in Outlook… I can schedule a follow-up meeting with everyone on the thread.

And for my teammates who work remotely, one click is all it takes to make this an online meeting.

With Skype for Business, my team can join the meeting through their mobile apps, a Web browser, a phone call, or from their desktop PC.

Communicate your way… with Skype for Business.

No comments:

Post a Comment