Saturday, June 3, 2017

Your browser does not support video. Install Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Flash Player, or Internet Explorer 9.

It's the culmination of months of activity on a vital project. You have one week to create a "Packaging Design" document and send it to everyone in the company. To make it thorough and polished, it needs to go through several review cycles. So you have no time to reconcile assorted email attachments. There's a much better way: safely share the document from OneDrive for Business, smoothly coauthor in Word 2016 on different devices, and quickly publish the document from your team site.

What you'll need for this course

This course features OneDrive for Business across a variety of devices and platforms. You can follow this course and learn by watching. To get the most value out of the course, try the exercises in the modules and see how it works for you.

Here's a list of the applications used in this course, followed by setup instructions for the software and devices of your choice.

  • OneDrive for Business

  • Office Online

  • Word 2016, Word 2016 for Mac, Word for iPad, Word for Windows Phone 10, and Word Mobile

If you do not already have these applications installed, in the following sections, you'll find setup information.

With OneDrive for Business, I can create, save, sync, and share my documents with anyone, from virtually anywhere.

My team and I can work together in real time, keep track of changes to the document, and when it's ready, publish it for everyone to see.

Since I'm working in Office Online, I can quickly grab information from OneNote, drop it into a new document in Word, and save the file straight to OneDrive for Business.

The Next-Gen Sync Client keeps the files on my computer up-to-date with the latest versions in the cloud.

I can send a link to my document to my teammates at work, and my partners outside the company.

Once it's shared, we can all work together in real-time.

I can see everyone's changes in Word, as they happen.

Even if a teammate is on a mobile device – we can all stay productive.

And when others are done, I can stop sharing the doc to prevent unwanted changes.

If something comes up that requires an in-person meeting, I can set it up, right from the document.

Notes from the white board will go straight into OneNote, so I can share them with teammates who couldn't be there.

OneDrive for Business also archives my document. In just a few clicks, I can go back and restore an older version, or just copy and paste the text I need.

When I'm ready to share my document with the whole team, I save it to our SharePoint team site. By default, everyone on my team has permission to edit.

We're almost ready to publish. After I add a cover page and table of contents, this doc is ready for everyone in my organization.

I'll save it as a PDF on the team site, and post it to the company's Yammer feed.

From concept, creation, collaboration, and publishing, OneDrive for Business helps me get more done – from anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment