Sunday, May 20, 2018

Video: Up and running with Office for iPhone

Video: Up and running with Office for iPhone

Your browser does not support video. Install Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Flash Player, or Internet Explorer 9.

It's easy to pick up the Office for iPhone apps, because it's like the Office experience you already know. The familiar navigation and menu options in the Ribbon are built for a touch experience. No keyboard or mouse required. This video will show you how to get up and running.

Key points in this video

  • Tap the Show Ribbon button Show Ribbon button to expose all the tabs, buttons and menus you're used to seeing in other versions of Office.

  • In Excel, tap the Formula Keyboard button Formula Keyboard button to easily enter numbers and formulas.

  • In PowerPoint, tap the Show Ribbon button Show Ribbon button , and then click SlideShow > From Start to start the slideshow.

  • In Word, tap the Reflow button Reflow button to switch into a better mode for reading. Tap the button again to toggle back.

Video transcript

[Introduction music]

With Office for iPhone, I can work with Excel files, PowerPoint slides, and Word documents no matter where I am.

They're the apps you know and love, but they're a little smaller than you might be used to.

So let's jump in and show you some tips. Let's start with Excel.

I'm going to work with this budget file here. I'll go to the other sheet to enter some data.

The first thing I'll do is tap up here to start filling out cells. I can use the normal keyboard that comes with the iPhone, but here's a better way.

I'll tap this little button to use the Excel formula keyboard to enter numbers.

This keyboard is also where I can sum things up.

If I need to do more, I tap the Show Ribbon button.

This is where I find formatting options, like if I want to add currency formatting to these numbers.

But it's also where I can see the tabs and buttons I'm used to seeing in other versions of Excel.

I'm going to insert a chart here to see a break down of my expenses.

Now let's move on to PowerPoint. I'll tap the plus sign to add a slide. And then, I'll double tap to fill out the text.

If I have more work to do, I tap that Show Ribbon button again. Things like bullets and numbering are here. But I can also use this button to add other things, like Animations.

I'll add an entrance animation to this photo here.

When I'm ready to step through the slides, I go to the Slide Show tab, and I tap: From Start.

I then swipe through to see my slides and animations.

Finally, let's take a look at Word. When I open a document, it opens in Print Layout. This view is great. The file looks just like it would if I printed it, and exactly like it would when opening it on my desktop PC or my Mac.

I can position things very accurately in this view. And of course I can always type here too.

But if I want to read more easily? I tap the Reflow button. Now the text in the document is optimized for reading.

Don't worry, Word doesn't change the actual formatting of the text, it simply displays it in an easy-to-read format.

But the Reflow view isn't just for reading, I can edit here too.

To go back to Print Layout, I just tap this button to toggle back.

And remember: Word has that Show Ribbon button too, where I can format text, change layout, or insert comments.

For more on Office for iPhone, visit http://aka.ms/OfficeiPhoneVideos.

More information

No comments:

Post a Comment