Thursday, September 30, 2021

Hex2dec function

This article describes the formula syntax and usage of the HEX2DEC function in Microsoft Excel.

Description

Converts a hexadecimal number to decimal.

Syntax

HEX2DEC(number)

The HEX2DEC function syntax has the following arguments:

  • Number    Required. The hexadecimal number you want to convert. Number cannot contain more than 10 characters (40 bits). The most significant bit of number is the sign bit. The remaining 39 bits are magnitude bits. Negative numbers are represented using two's-complement notation.

Remark

If number is not a valid hexadecimal number, HEX2DEC returns the #NUM! error value.

Example

Copy the example data in the following table, and paste it in cell A1 of a new Excel worksheet. For formulas to show results, select them, press F2, and then press Enter. If you need to, you can adjust the column widths to see all the data.

Formula

Description

Result

=HEX2DEC("A5")

Converts hexadecimal A5 to decimal

165

=HEX2DEC("FFFFFFFF5B")

Converts hexadecimal FFFFFFFF5B to decimal

-165

=HEX2DEC("3DA408B9")

Converts hexadecimal 3DA408B9 to decimal

1.034E+09

2 comments:

  1. HELLO GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of (drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com); that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful informations regarding ,Buy cocaine online,we have outstanding article regarding the above subject , which can help provide you and your audience with more insight,everything you need to know,contact us


    email ..support@legal420isolate.com

    call/text ---+1(505)257-5355

    visit our webaite>>>>>http://cocainestoreonline.com/

    ReplyDelete