Wednesday, February 8, 2017

How I created a plant cell presentation for my class project

How I created a plant cell presentation for my class project

Lauren Johnson

By Lauren Johnson

My na me is Lauren Johnson. I'm in 10th grade and attend High School in Minnesota. During my free time I enjoy drawing and painting, along with singing and playing my saxophone and violin. I also love to watch Anime and read Manga , which are the two things that inspired me to draw characters and scenes using Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Word.

I first created this PowerPoint slide show when I was in 7th grade. We were assigned a project to explain plant cells. I wanted to create something different from everyone else. I also wanted to make the project interactive.

I originally created these drawings by using PowerPoint 2003, but recently recreated them in PowerPoint 2007. The newer version made it less easy to draw fine details, so I used Microsoft Word to draw the cell, and then copied and pasted the cell into PowerPoint. PowerPoint 2007 allowed me to create a better design with new effects such as soft shadows and reflections.

In PowerPoint, I used action buttons, triggers, and other settings and hyperlinks to create interactivity. By just clicking on an organelle inside of a plant cell, one can see the name of that organelle. Then, by clicking on the name of the organelle, the viewer can see more detail. Here I used animation effects (entrance, exit, and motion paths) to demonstrate how the organelles work.

No comments:

Post a Comment